Dragon I @ Queensbay Mall, Penang


Had the bestest best day with my bestie last month while we hang out for the whole day to celebrate my birthday. Apart from food, we went to Queensbay Mall  for shopping then had a light dinner at Dragon I (it was light…as we shared the food XD) My bestie is a big fan of terracotta warrior of the ancient Xi’an since high school and I’ve been waiting for the chance to bring her there.  ^^
 


One of the ancient warrior nearest to us. XD
Too bad my friend can't shrink it and brought it home.



The decoration of Queensbay Mall’s Dragon I is unique as compared to Gurney Plaza’s. At the entrance, you can see the chef preparing noodles and dumplings. It is interesting while waiting at the queue during the busy weekends.  Along the path inside the restaurant, you will be welcomed by a line of terra cotta warriors. Red lanterns, unique vases and traditional Chinese decors…the restaurant is classy with the colour combination of red, black and beige. 

The front part of the restaurant’s dining section are placed with low tables and sofas . Unique…but I still prefer the typical dining chairs and tables. XD

 

The interior of Queensbay's Dragon I




The view outside the restaurant.
Evening sky with the horizon and condominium.



The starter : steamed groundnuts @ RM2.00

The nuts and wet towel (RM 1.00 each) are optional.
Just inform the waiter when they take your order.


We ordered some drinks, shared a bowl of noodles and also had my fav Shanghai Xiao Long Bao. The xiao long bao is a must for it whenever I visit any Dragon I outlets. I haven't came across any better ones yet. Any suggestions? ^^



Sugarcane Water Chestnut Tea @ RM 5.00
 (芽根竹柑马蹄书水)
Didn't try this as my bestie ordered this.
No complains from her...guess it tastes fine. XD




Winter Melon Tea with Coco De Mer (Sea coconut) @ RM5.00
(冬瓜龙眼海底椰)
One of my fave and I used to drink it every Monday while in JB. lolz
Not too sweet with moderate amount of ingredients.
It is pricey but it is an eatery in the mall...unless you are having it in a local eatery.



 Shanghai Xiao Long Bao @ RM 9.80
Ah...my fav of all!
The skin is not too thick with the steamy hot soup inside.
The meat is well seasoned and it is best taken with a few shred of ginger dipped in vinegar.



Szechuan La Mian with fresh assorted seafood in hot and sour soup
 海鲜酸辣汤拉面 @ RM 13.00

This is delicious. The soup base is sour which is good to enhance your appetite.
You can choose from a selection of ramen as well. 
(We chosed the normal la mien)
Besides the soup base, the amount of ingredients are moderate.
I remembered eating a few shrimp. It can be a lil oily but overall...it is good.

** You can ask the waiter / waitress to cut the noodles while serving the dish.



Opened one of my pressie there as well.
The adorable miniature teddy globe given by my bestie.
One of my best gift eva! XD


I will visit Dragon I again and I have been there for a few times over these few years.
Well...a good place for a meal once in a while and I am there because of one thing: The Shanghai Xiao Long Bao. ^^


Food: 7/10 (okay...still decent overall)

Ambiance: 8//10 (beautifully decorated...plus the terracotta warrior as well)

Previous post: Dragon I @ Gurney Plaza

Comments