Italiannies (Pasta, Pizza and Vino) @ Gurney Paragon, Penang

There are several new restaurants and dining outlets at the newly opened Gurney Paragon. Well, at least I have a new alternative when it comes to food, rather than roaming around Gurney Plaza thinking of what to eat when I am around that place.

I went to Italiannies for dinner a few days ago with my bestie since I am craving for pizza. I haven’t eaten any for quite some time. This is my first visit to Italiannies. Well, I had a good time there with the new Italian dining experience. XD



The al fresco dining area of Italiannies
A good place to have a meal outdoor on a cool fine day





The façade of Italiannies
I am attracted by the classy design of the window.
Looks jazzy to me.




The vintage interior design.
I love the concept.



The complimentary appetizer



We were served a basket of bread 
(2 slices of white bread and herb bread) as appetizer.
Well, the waiter poured a mixture of olive oil and vinegar in a dish and
 I guess that we had to dip the bread in it.
Bread dipping is a new dining experience to me.
It tastes ok…not too bad.



 Lipton Iced Lemon Tea @ RM7.50
Wow! This is erm…expensive.
I did a mistake by ordering this beverage.
Should have opt for something unique like smoothies and fruit shakes.




Iced Mocha @ RM7.50
This is good, especially for chocolate lovers.
The taste of coffee is not overwhelming as the chocolate syrup covered it.
I like the milky chocolaty taste though.






Spinach and Artichoke Formaggio @ RM 32.90
Decided to try this as it is stated as a signature dish. XD
It is spinach, artichoke and mushrooms served in a creamy blend cheese 
topped with dried tomatoes (which tastes like prunes…=.= yuck...I am not a fan of that)
I like the creamy rich taste of this starter.
It is delicious and it goes well with the garlic bread.
The taste is not too overwhelming or cheesy.




Pepperoni Pizza @ RM 36.90
Another signature dish of Italiannies.
The ingredients include beef pepperoni, Mozzarella cheese, Asiago cheese and shaved onion.
The taste is good and it is a thin crusted pizza.
Hmm…I have no idea why the leafy green veg are placed on top of the pizza.
Can it be eaten?


The portion is more than enough for 2 person and for someone with a small appetite, it should be fine for 4 person.
It is decent and I'm glad that I had a great Italian dining experience with the bread dipping and starters.
The food is toward the pricey side, oh well, it is worth the splurge once in a while for the sake of noming new stuff. =3
One thing that kinda let me down was that the service is kinda slow. xd



Food: 7/10 (from the bill, got to know that 10% of service charge is included, with Government tax I supposed)


Ambiance: 8/10 (pretty, classy, cosy themed restaurant)

Link: Italiannies

Comments