Beach Blanket Babylon @ 32 Mansion, Penang

I've no idea that Beach Blanket Babylon is located beside 32 Masion till I googled and read some blog entries about it.

Since, I wanna give my friend a special birthday treat, we decided to have our lunch by the sea for a change.


The entrance of the cafe.
Beach Blanket Babylon is located beside
32 Mansion and you can see the sea while dining.



A variety of liquor can be seen.
An amazing place to chill. 



The alfresco dining area which is close to nature.



One of the dining area.
You can choose the al fresco, sofa or
the proper table.



Our table!
A dose of effervescent Vitamin C before our meal.
(lolz...my buddy was under the weather)
Complimentary water will be provided.



 Chill Out @ RM 11
(mocktail with pineapple juice, orange juice
and lychee)

I love the flavour and am a big fan of mocktail
since I've cut down my intake of alcohol 
which is a good move to stay healthy.

Sea breeze and mocktail.
What a perfect combination.



Mocktail which I've forgotten to jot down the name 
@ RM 11.00 as well

This mocktail is a combination of cranberry juice and
other juices which I can't recall (sorry)

My friend ordered this and it tastes refreshing.



We ordered and shared the set lunch since we had a heavy breakfast earlier.

The set lunch included an appetiser, the main course, dessert and hot beverage.
The decided to try out the pan seared salmon, asparagus risotto, crab bisque reduction 
for RM 42 per set.




Mesclun salad with spicy lemongrass vinaigrette

You can choose between the soup of the day and the salad
for your appetiser.

And I go for the salad as I want to have something
healthy and light. 

The dressing is good and I like the salad.
Not too rich and it tastes just right.




Pan seared salmon, asparagus risotto, crab bisque reduction

I like the salmon as it is well cooked
without making you run away because of the 'fishy' taste.
Also shows that it is fresh.

However, I don't fancy the risotto as it is kinda
rich and I can't get used to the taste.
(My first time trying out a risotto)



Dessert of the day!

Cake with ice-cream (their homemade ice-cream
prolly), cake and fruits

The cake is warm and moist.
Kinda sweet but I like it.
Taste good with the ice-cream too. 




Coffee or tea will be served towards the end of the meal.

They gave us coffee by mistake as we asked for tea.
Anyway, I do not fancy the coffee. 
Added a sachet of sugar and still it tastes
weird and bitter (maybe it is me?)



I like the dining ambiance of Beach Blanket and I would definitely visit this place again for more mocktail (a fanatic of mocktail now), as well as to sample more food in the menu. There are some local delicacies in the menu as well.

However, when you enter the cafe for the first time, you might be uncomfortable because of the strong smell of the sea. It can be rather strong and once you get used to it, you'll definitely enjoy the relaxing ambiance. Prolly i would bring a comfy sofa for my friend to have her siesta there next time.

A good company, a refreshing mocktail and a cool breeze are a must for a wonderful day of mine. yosh!


Food: 7/10 ( love the moctail! the food is decent and it is based on what you would like to try. Government tax and service charge are included in the bill as well. )

Ambiance: 8/10 ( relaxing ambiance, however, some of the structure and furniture can be a bit old and rusty due to the corrosion of the sea breeze I supposed)

Address: 32, Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, Penang. (It is just beside 32 Mansion. Easy to locate!)

Business Hours: 12pm – 12am (Everyday)


Comments

  1. Thank you for your review!

    We hope to have you back soon.

    BEACH BLANKET BABYLON
    32, Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah 10050 Penang Malaysia
    04-262 2232

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome.

      I would love to drop by again pretty soon. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment