Xuan Xin Ramen @ Gurney Plaza, Penang

Xuan Xin Ramen has been around Gurney Plaza for quite some time and I’ve yet tried it even though I’ve been hanging out there for almost every month.

Went there for dinner after shopping and since it was early, the restaurant was not crowded.
It is always full during lunch and dinner time and the seating is pretty much limited.

Anyway, they serve ramen (noodles) as well as some Chinese dishes, appetisers, desserts and rice.


 

Ramen with Braised Pork Rib @ RM 12.80

This is good and I love the soup.
It is sweet and tasty due to the pork rib and
In my opinion is not salty, nor spicy.
Some soup noodles can be full of pepper at times.
There are some shitake mushrooms and
kai lan (green leafy vegetables) in the ramen.
I ordered it during my latest visit a few days
back as well. 



Stir-fried ramen with bean curd and ma po style @ RM 13.80

Ok, in my opinion, this is not bean curd, but tofu.
Ma Po Tofu with noodles,
it is a surprising new combination to me.^^
I love the taste of this one as it is unique.
This ramen is a lil spicy due to the pepper I guess.
I would like to have this again next time.



Stir-fried ramen with seafood and tomyam @ RM 13.80

This is my first time trying tom yam stir-fried ramen.
It is spicy, seriously, really spicy.
A lil sour which goes well with the seafood
(squid and prawns I guess, I can’t really
remember the ingredients except for the
spiciness and the onions)
There is slight thick gravy with the ramen,
unlike the usual fried tom yam vermicelli
( as in bee hoon ) which is dry,
without gravy I mean.



The restaurant.
It is located at the basement of Gurney Plaza,
 just in front of the escalator.
You can see Bread History ( a bakery),
and next to it is Hakka Tree.

Pretty easy to find it. ^^

To avoid the diners,
you could have your meal there earlier perhaps.

Food: 8/10 ( Decent and good, it depends on which ramen you ordered and your taste, certain dish might be delectable, certain not and it all depends on your palate.

Ambiance: 7/10 ( Well decorated Chinese restaurant, just that the space is pretty small and the seats are limited)


Comments