TGI Fridays (Christmas Menu) @ Queensbay Mall, Penang

A brand new year, with a brand new entry! (Sorry, I am a lil late again)
This is a must to mark the arrival of 2014. 

Anyway, before the end of 2013, I went for a Christmas Brunch at Queensbay Mall’s TGI Friday's.
I haven’t dine there for quite some time and trying out the Christmas Menu might help me discover something good.



Holiday Menu 


My friends and I ordered 2 Christmas Sets from the Christmas Menu, as well as spaghetti from the ala carte menu.
For the special Christmas menu, you can choose from a selection on appetiser, main course and desserts. We ordered the set meal which costs RM 69.00++ instead of the RM 79.00++ set meal. The prices of the set meals are different due to the main course.


 

Shrimp Cocktails

This is my first shrimp cocktail as I’ve yet tried it previously.
In the menu, it stated that the shrimps are served
with spicy lemon cocktail sauce and pico de gallo (salsa fresca).
It is not spicy, in my opinion and it tastes fine
with the freshly squeezed lemon juice.



Parmesan Crusted Chicken Quesadilla

Tortilla is always my fav and this is delicious.
The tortillas are filled with sautéed chicken,
Tomato basil mix, beef bits and Monterey Jack Cheese.
Coated with Parmesan and pan-fried till crispy,
cheese lovers would love this I bet.


Tada! Now for our main course:


Championship BBQ Chicken

The chicken is tender and it is perfect with the sauce.
Love the cheesy Cheddar Cheese mashed potatoes
and we really enjoyed this one.



Roast Turkey

Turkey is a must for Christmas and I’ve yet tried
it with cranberry sauce.
The sauce is not bad and the turkey can be a bit bland,
perhaps they want the sauce to bring out
the taste of the turkey.
The turkey is served with broccoli and mashed potatoes
as side dishes.



Mocha Mud Pie

Desert time!
But we were pretty disappointed as they were
running out of crispy cheesecake.
(The horror! How could they? )

Anyway, we had 2 Mocha Mud Pie and
Basically, it taste like coffee ice cream topped
on rich chocolate crumb crust.
It can be a lil overwhelming for me to
consume it by myself. Luckily, we shared. 



Garlic Spaghetti Vegetali

We ordered another spaghetti for lunch.
This vegetarian dish is unique and I would
love to prepare it at home one day. ^^
Spaghetti tossed with extra virgin olive oil,
broccoli, tomatoes, radicchio, arugula, garlic, basil
and the Parmesan Cheese.
Healthy selection if you were on a strict vegetarian diet.


 

The dining area.
It was Christmas after all. 


Great company and good food. That’s why I enjoy dining and exploring new food with my friends.
We had a fantastic Christmas nevertheless.

Last but not least, Happy New Year, everyone!
Thanks for visiting my blog and may the new year brings new hope and joy to all. 

Ambiance: 8/10 ( Well decorated…it is TGI Firday's after all!)

Food: 7/10 ( Decent…I love the spaghetti and the serving for the set meal is rather small, imho)


Comments