Restaurant OZ @ Elit Avenue, Penang

This year, we went to Elit Avenue for our annual Christmas gathering and it is a must for me and my buddies. We decided to try something new and so, here we are at OZ Restaurant which serves Aussie home style roast chicken and other cuisine (read it from their FB page).




The big OZ sign in the restaurant, with unique aboriginal
painting. The place is cool and cosy.




Dining area near the entrance




The set lunch menu:

Set A is only available for lunch and it costs RM 15.50
which comes with a drink.
To add a bown of mushroom soup, you would need
to pay another RM 5.00.

Set B is available for both lunch and dinner.
It costs RM 25.50 which comes with a soup of the day,
drink and dessert.

They have Christmas set lunch as well, but, we ordered
Set A instead. 

They have Christmas set lunch too, but we didn't go for it.




Aussie roast pork with apple sauce
(with potatoes and salad)

This is a unique dish and the pork is thin and tender.
The apple sauce is sweet which goes well with the pork.
It tastes light, with a sweet after taste.
New taste of the day which I had discovered.
Love the wedges, btw.




Roast chicken with rosemary gravy
(with potatoes and salad)

The gravy brings out the flavour of the chicken and
I can't help but keep on having the wages with the gravy.

Lovely aroma and it is really delicious.
I would recommend this one. Yum!
Don't mind going for another serving. hehe




Fish Italiano (with tomatoes and herbs)
together with potato wedges and salad 

The fish tastes fine and it would be lovelier if the dish was 
to be prepared with more herbs to bring out the flavour.
It is kinda bland in my opinion and I was expecting fragrance
aroma from the herbs. 




Sea coconut and longan drink

My friend had this. Should be good. ^^




Soya bean milk

Not too sweet. A lil diluted due to the ice.
But, I still enjoyed it. 




House fruit punch

This drink is unique and this is my first time seeing
a drink with pieces of bananas! Cool!
It has basil seeds too. Gonna order that again next time.




Yup. You can't miss the restaurant.
You will spot the OZ sign with a red kangaroo,
plus, the yellow sign and the chef.


Apart from Tim Tam and Vegemite, now I would love to visit Australia and taste their food. Would be an amazing new experience for me. XD Anyway, I will dine in OZ again soon and I would love to try their dessert perhaps and the other dishes on the menu. :)

The food is affordable and the set meal is worth the money. No service charge is included in the bill and they only accept cash for payment. 



More info:

Business hours: 
Monday to Friday (11:30 am - 2:30 pm)

Friday to Sunday
(11:30 am - 2:30 pm for lunch)
( 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm for dinner)

Facebook page: Restaurant OZ

Comments