Guang Xi Coffee House (廣西咖啡屋) @ Bukit Mertajam Market (Pek Gong Cheng)

I have been to Pek Gong Cheng (伯公埕) several times when I was a kid and  last year, my friend brought me there for 'koay chap 粿汁' (a Teochew delicacy which comes with broad rice noodles with pork and offal perhaps). Thus, I came across Guang Xi Coffee House when I went there and I saw a crowd waiting for a spot for breakfast. I gave up waiting and last Saturday, I was fortunate enough to go there again XD

The coffee shop is located behind the temple of Pek Gong Cheng (伯公埕) which is within the BM market. The place can be rather congested at times and perhaps arriving there for breakfast or lunch earlier helps you to secure a parking space.

A big signboard with Chinese words '廣西咖啡屋' can be found towards the entrance of the coffee shop. I forgotten to take a photo of the entrance since I was still kinda sleepy, even after my coffee. (Oh gosh...oh my!) Well, I managed to locate their FB page, which will be helpful for you to locate the hidden shop. There is a Hokkien Mee stall in front of the shop. You won't miss it.



The drink preparation counter.
I was lucky as there were ample empty seats 
when we reached at 9am on Saturday.



I can't pretty much remember the price of the coffee we ordered 
and it seems that they are between RM 4.00 - RM 4.50
for the hot beverages. The cold beverages are slightly pricier.



Cappuccino with smooth texture



Mocha (with hello kitty on it! Adorable!)

Thick chocolaty taste which is not bad.




Soft boiled eggs @ RM 1.60

Two eggs for one serving and we usually have it with
light soy sauce and pepper.
My buddy's fav, but not mine. XD

They do serve sandwiches, fyi.




Koay Chap @ RM 5.00

My second time having this and the stall is located on the left of
Guang Xi Coffee House.

Koay Chap is good with bird's eye chilli and I really
can't get enough of the taste of the chilli and the
slight salty gravy. The chilli is not spicy after all
and it adds some crunchiness to the dish. XD

The Koay Chap would be better if the gravy
were to be a lil ticker in texture. 


It is a good place for affordable gourmet coffee if you were around BM market. The coffee is not as rich in my opinion, but the taste is lovely! Worth a try if you are a latte art fanatic like me. XD

Anyway, do try out the White Wan Ton Noodles and Bee Tai Mak of BM market in the morning as they are well know in BM. My grandma used to bring me there when I was a kid and the stalls were in the market a long time ago. Let's say, since my mom was in primary school? rofl

The business hours of Guang Xi Coffee House varies every day. This is what I managed to get from their FB page and perhaps asking the waiter or waitress would be helpful because I am not very sure if they do open at night.

Tuesday: 19:30 -0:00

Wednesday to Saturday: 07:30 - 12:00 and 19:30 - 0:00

Sunday: 07:30 - 12:00



Google Map Location: Guang Xi Coffee House


Address: 29,Jalan Datuk Ooh Chooi Cheng, 14000 BM, Penang.

Comments