Uncle Jang @ Vantage, Tanjung Tokong, Penang

I have heard a lot about Uncle Jang until I have the opportunity to try their dak galbi last Saturday. 



The dining area of Uncle Jang.

We went there early and it would prevent you
to smell like dak galbi after your meal. hehe


The menu of Uncle Jang.
It stated clearly how you should order your dak galbi.

For example, for 2-3 person, you should go for 
2 portions etc etc. They have stated clearly in
the menu and it is pretty easy to place your order.

You can have more add-ons to customise your
dak galbi,such as cheese, ramen, udon, rice
cakes, cheese rice cakes, mushrooms, sweet potatoes,
fried rice, egg and chicken.



Some ala carte items of the menu and beverages.
They do serve chilled water for free.

I did accidentally hurt my finger in the restaurant
due to my carelessness when lifting the chair.
Thus, they didn't charge me when I requested
a glass of ice for my first aid. Haha
That's cool. ^^



Love the vibrant mural behind the restaurant.



They serve two types of side dishes:
kimchi and pickled onions.

I love the kimchi though.



Kimchi pancake @ RM 10.00

The pancake tastes fine but it doesn't have enough 
ingredients in it and the texture is more like a
soft flour pancake. Hmm...having it with more
kimchi does make it tastes better. XD



2 portions of original spicy Dak Galbi 
for 3 person (RM 21.00 x 2) @ RM 42.00

Seems that the original spicy can be mixed with super
spicy when you made your order.

They have chicken, cabbage, chives, rice cakes and
sweet potatoes in their dak galbi.

We had rice cakes (RM6.00) and cheese (RM8.00)
as add-ons that day. Perhaps I would try the ramen
for my next visit.



The metal ring to cover the dak galbi when
cooking it. The waiter will cook for you.
All you got to do is to wait and eat later ^^

You can wear a bib to prevent yourself from
getting the smell of dak galbi on your clothes
after the meal.



Tada! The dak galbi was ready!

The melted cheese was delicious and you really
can't go wrong with your food with cheese. XD

They cut their sweet potatoes thin and tiny.
So, they cooked perfectly well and they are not hard.

The dish can be a bit oily due to the chicken perhaps.
Nevertheless, I had a satisfying dak galbi and I really
love the flavours and aroma. Yum!

Btw, it is delicious to eat them with lettuce too.



The entrance of Uncle Jang. You can spot the two
huge logos on the glass door.



The restaurant is located on the first floor of the building.
You can spot it easily. ^^


This outlet only accept cash it seems when we went for dinner the other day. I enjoy the dak galbi and I will definitely go back for more when I am craving for one. ^^ Found another spot for me to indulge in yummy Korean food.
Fyi, 6% of service charge is included in the bill.


More info:
PB page: Uncle Jang

Address: C-1-10, Vantage, Jalan Desiran Tanjung, 10470 Penang.

Phone number: 04- 890 7986

Business Hours: (got it fr their fb page)

Monday - Friday
12:00 - 15:00 (Lunch)
18:00 - 22:00 (Dinner)

Saturday and Sunday
12:00 - 22:00

Comments